Spicy Shrimp Ceviche
There is nothing like tasting fresh ceviche on a hot day while at the beach. The citrus notes with the seafood taste is unparalleled.
Traditionally the citrus is intended to cook the raw seafood. However, poaching the shrimp will quickly kill off any harmful bacteria.
A perfect snack to enjoy with Trini Pepper Sauce, the sauce blends perfect with the notes of the dish.
- 10 small Shrimp
- 3 Lemons and/or Limes
- ¼ cup Tomato
- ¼ cup Onion
- ¼ cup Bell pepper
- ½ a Cucumber
- 1 big or 3 small avocados
- ½ cup Tomato based cocktail juice
- Spiced salt
- Pink salt
- ¼ teaspoon Trini Pepper Sauce
- Poach shrimp, if desired, by boiling a large pot of water. Turn off the heat and add the shrimp and poach until the shrimp are cooked through, about 2 minutes. Allow shrimp to cool
- Chop the shrimp into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, tomato, onion, bell pepper, cucumber, tomato based cocktail juice, salts and Trini Pepper Sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, dice and add the avocado to the ceviche. Serve immediately.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.