A slight twist to a typical Trinidadian side dish. This delicious recipe is perfect as an appetizer or snack. The sweet and savory fried plantains are complimented with the perfect spice, and then there's the crunch!
1) Cut the plantain into 1inch pieces
2) Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium heat and fry the plantain on each side until golden. Then let the plantain dry on a paper towel.
3) Place each piece of plantain between parchment paper to prevent sticking, then use a glass with a thick flat bottom, or anything that is solid and flat on the bottom, to smash the plantain until it is thin.
4) Fry the smashed plantains until they are a deep golden brown and let them dry on a paper towel.
5) Coat each piece with Trini Pepper Sauce, we used the original for a milder heat, salt to taste, and enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.